Matcha is widely considered to be the most unique and nutritious tea on the planet! Whipped into an intense frothy liquor, we call it the "espresso of tea." It's the strongest of any tea providing a healthy boost for mind and body with its powerful vitamins and minerals. Our premium culinary grade matcha is stone-ground, organic-certified, shade-grown matcha tea prepared in the traditional Japanese way. Not messing with a good thing, our matcha contains no fillers, sugars, starches, stabilizers or other additives. Pure. Delicious. Matcha. Our culinary grade matcha has a rich vegetal fragrance and whisks up a creamy, potent brew with a delicate aftertaste.
Studies have shown matcha to have over 10x the nutrients of standard green tea. It's reported to contain 70x the antioxidants of orange juice and 9x the beta carotene of spinach. It's highly energizing and calming at the same time. It is often used to boost metabolism, awaken the mind and uplift your mood. WIth its fresh bittersweet intense green tea taste, matcha is as much about how it makes you feel as it is about rich, vibrant, green flavor.
Our culinary grade matcha is produced on a family farm in Shizuoka, Japan using only organic tencha leaf. Tencha is simply a minimally processed green tea leaf specifically dried for the purpose of grinding into matcha powder.
For a great nutritional boost, use this matcha as an ingredient in lattes, smoothies, your favorite baking recipes or even cocktails. It may also be enjoyed on its own, having a slightly more vegetal taste than our incredibly smooth and delicious Ceremonial Grade matcha. However you like it, it's super green, super invigorating, super healthy and uniquely delicious!
BULK SAVINGS: Buy Three or More 100g pouches and save $4 per bag.
Recipe Ideas for using Culinary Matcha
- Ice Cream (You'll be screaming for more!)
- Smoothies (Healthy and Delicious)
- Lattes (Thick, Creamy Tea Goodness)
- Trail Bites (Healthy, Easy-to-Make Snacks) – See recipe below!
- Matcha Green Tea Cookies (Yum)
- Matcha Hummus (Great for Healthy Dipping)
RECIPE: MATCHA LIME TRAIL BITES (Yields 14 Servings)
- 1 Cup Almonds or Cashews (raw, unsalted)
- 1 Cup Dates (pitted)
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- ¼ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 TSP Culinary Grade Matcha Powder
- 1 TBLSP Lime Zest (optional)
- Add nuts to food processor and process until finely chopped
- Add dates, coconut, vanilla, matcha and optional lime zest; process 1-2 minutes*
- Scoop out material using ice cream scoop to shape into balls
- Sprinkle additional matcha powder on top for an added punch
- Store in airtight container. May be frozen or refrigerated and then used within 10 days
- Whisking Instructions::
- For sipping, add one heaping 1/2 teaspoon to a small bowl. Add 2-3 oz filtered water (160-175 F) and briskly whisk using a bamboo matcha whisk or milk frother until frothy. Add 4 oz water and enjoy.